Background information: Jharkhand state formed on 15th November 2000 on the occasion of Birsa Jayanti craving consists of 22 districts with two major tribal zones namely Chotanagpur and Santhal Pragnas. Based on Census 2001, Jharkhand has a geographical area of 89,714 square kilometres, with total population of 26,945,829. The Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Cast are 26.3% and 11.8 % respectively. 87.8% of the total population resides in rural area while only 22.2% is urban population. Sex ratio of the state is 941 per 1000 male, while among ST it is 987 & SC only 944, which is better than other state.
The percentage literacy rate of the Jharkhand state is 53.6%, while among female it is only 38.9%. Compare to it total Illiteracy rate is 69% and among female it is 84%. This it-self tell the fact that effort for literate the population is very poor. The data of proposed three districts are more socking. (Census 2001)
Education to all by 2010 is a dream of nation. Primary school at a distance of every 2 kms and middle school at every Panchayt is strategy of the Government. It is harassed to mention that very minimal attempt had been done in this regard. State education policy has also not enacted. The educational infrastructure of both government and most of mushroom like private institutions are very poor in the state. The government education department is the third most corrupt department in Jharkhand.
In the India Rural Development Report on regional Disparities in Development and Poverty published by National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Hydrabad “Jharkhand gets rank of 51 among the 52 regions covering the most important state of India. It is also one of three states with the highest food insecurity in the country together with Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
The Novel prize winner Dr. Amartya Sen had suggested for primary education to deprive section of the society to eradicate poverty.
- Awareness Programme: This is a unique attempt to aware the last person of the society to involve in the project through various means of awareness generation. This will help in raising the local participation as well as contribution from the community. It will also help in forming the committee of sensitive persons.
- 1:5:25 model: Three tier education system of Secondary School, Primary School and Kindergarten respectively at District, Block and Village/Panchayat level;
- The Jharkhand state education syllabus i.e. on CBSE pattern including regional language viz., Mundari / Kharia / Kurukh / Ho, keeping in mind that a child can learn best in their mother tongue.
- Promotion of Indian traditional values and practices like Celebration of important day, Sports, Yoga, Vedic mantras, strong moral character including Deshprem and Vishwabandhutwa;
- Community management committee at village for the proper involvement and partnership of the local community and network partner NGO for the better management of Kindergarten. These committees will have quarterly meeting for managing their affairs;
- Quarterly Teacher and Parent meeting to assess the progress of students and school;